Section 3 tests basic concepts that influence design decisions, and asks how to move a conceptual design forward. With exam content seeming like common sense or even subjective, Section 3 can appear difficult to study for at first. But teasing out core concepts and refreshing yourself on how to articulate design strategies for project types you may not do every day is not only possible, it can be fun. These webinars will help you prepare. NOTE: Cheryl has created new content to reflect the CLARB 2016 Task Analysis.
The 2018 live Interactive Q&A Sessions for Section 3:
Getting Ready: February 21, June 27, October 10
Getting Set: March 7, July 11, October 31
GO!: (sections 3 & 4 together) March 22, July 26, November 15
Live interactive sessions are from 8pm - 9pm Eastern, and are recorded and posted online shortly after each session.
Getting Ready videos (watch on your own any time, 60-90 minutes)
- What to study, itemized in great detail
- Where to find study materials in all media
- Keeping a positive attitude, pass rates, scoring
- Study habits, settings, memory tricks, schedule (new videos will be added to keep current)
Live Getting Ready Interactive Q&A Sessions are included in your registration.
Getting Set videos on exam content (watch on your own any time, 60 minutes)
- Site Selection, siting program elements, program development, adjacency considerations, spatial standards
- Circulation and safety for pedestrians, bikes, and cars, ADA
- Project types, drive-up windows, stacking lanes, residential complexes, recreation facilities
- Sustainability considerations, material selection, fire and crime deterrents, noise reduction
- Which graphics to use to express things, design phases and construction sequencing (new videos will be added to keep current)
Live Interactive Getting Set Q&A Sessions are included with your registration.
GO! videos on LARE specific test taking strategies (watch on your own any time, 75 minutes)
- Using the weeks and days right before the exam wisely
- How to effectively spend your time during the exam
- Dissecting multiple response questions so you know what they're really asking
- Using the skip, flag, and review functions to your best advantage
- How to sort questions to maximize right and left brain function, and more
Live Interactive GO! Q&A Sessions are included with your registration (this topic combines Sections 3 & 4).
As soon as you submit your payment, you will receive:
- Corson Learning website registration information to access the pre-recorded videos and private chat room
- Links on the member's pages where you must separately register for the live interactive Q&A sessions
- Access to our growing lending library (you pay postage and handling only)
- One year unlimited access to Corson Learning videos and chat room
- Email support with Cheryl (within reason)
Questions? ask firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's a preview of some of the information that will be covered: Land8 Lounge article.
Note: A portion of Corson Learning proceeds are donated to LABASH, the annual student-led landscape architecture conference. Additional donations are also made to the University of Maryland ASLA student chapter to help them travel to LABASH.