Due to its breadth of topics, Section 4 requires more strategy than any other part of the LARE. With so much to cover, the webinar material is broken down into manageable portions so you’ll know how to focus your energy. We’ll review everything from construction details and documents, construction administration, specifications, stormwater management, grading, planting plans, heavy equipment and more!
Passing LARE Section 4
© Cheryl Corson | Smithsonian National Zoological Park, Washington, DC, demonstration rain garden by Cheryl Corson Design, LLC
- What to study, itemized in great detail (and what not to study)
- Study materials on the exam but not adequately covered in standard reference books
- Where to find study materials in all mediaKeeping a positive attitude, pass rates, scoring
- Study habits, settings, memory tricks, schedule (new videos will be added to keep current)
Live Getting Ready Interactive Q&A Sessions are included in your registration.
- Grading, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control
- Specifications, contracts, and construction administration
- How to diagram grading problems, geared to the new exam format
- Important formulas and construction math calculations
- Building materials from soup to nuts (and more)
Live Getting Set Interactive Q&A Sessions are included in your registration.
- Using the weeks and days right before the exam wisely
- How to effectively spend your time during the exam
- Dissecting multiple response questions so you know what they’re really asking
- Using the skip, flag, and review functions to your best advantage
- How to sort questions to maximize right and left brain function, and more
Live GO! Interactive Q&A Sessions are included in your registration (this topic combines Sections 3 & 4).
- Corson Learning website registration information to access the pre-recorded videos and private chat room
- Links on the member’s pages where you must separately register for the live interactive Q&A sessions
- Access to our growing lending library (you pay postage and handling only)
- One year unlimited access to Corson Learning videos and chat room
- Email support with Cheryl (within reason)
Questions? ask firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s a preview of some of the information that will be covered: Land8 Lounge article.
Note: A portion of Corson Learning proceeds are donated to LABASH, the annual student-led landscape architecture conference.
“Great news! I passed Section 4! Thank you so much for your help! Your testing insights and advice on study materials really helped focus my attention. Your webinars, personal email correspondence and phone call discussions gave me the encouragement and guidance I needed through the dark LARE forest. Now on to Section 3.”
“I have passed Section 4 and now have completed the LARE! I participated in both your Section 3 and 4 webinars. Thank you very much for your hard work and encouragement to all of us.”
“I took section 4 yesterday. I used your strategy of going through all the purely verbal questions first, and then going back to do the more complex spatial/visual/numeric ones. It really helped me so much - I ended up with plenty of time for the test. And your review of the content allowed me to focus my last days of review, and dig up a few missing items.Thank you so much Cheryl for hosting this webinar. You are super sweet and incredibly helpful.”
“Last year I also got licensed (yeah!), and once again want to THANK YOU for your Sec 4 webinar. The tips and tricks you taught were invaluable to me for passing Sec 4 the second time. Your webinar convinced me that I could get through Sec 4, that subject knowledge wasn't what I was lacking, but test taking strategies is where I needed to focus. Hopefully you have received positive feedback from many others for your invaluable contribution to successfully passing the LARE. You are not only an excellent instructor, but a sincere motivator as well! Thank you Thank you!”
“Just needed to share that I passed Section 4 and I thank you so very much for assisting me! Talk soon, I am now going to indulge in some bubbly.”
“I really credit your Section 4 webinar to help narrow in my focus on study material… so I guess I have to say… THANK YOU Cheryl. If you lived closer I’d give you a big hug!!!”
“I’m so excited to send this message! I passed section 4!! Thanks so much for your positive messages and clear guidance. I am now able to get my stamp. I’m done. Closing that chapter, on to the next! I wanted to pass on my experience in the exam to you. The first time I took section 4 I flagged a ton of questions. I finished the first run through with 30 minutes to spare. I did not review many of my flagged questions. I’m not sure I answered all questions. This second time was TOTALLY different. You won’t believe this, but I finished all questions with an hour and a half left. I only flagged probably 10 questions. I took 2 breaks. It was insane. Going in to the second exam I was really doubtful that I would be able to take a break. I couldn’t believe you recommended it! But it REALLY helped. The other super helpful advice you give is the books you recommend reading and your study tips. I really appreciate that you whittled down the list of books to the bare essentials. And reading time saver standards thoroughly was so important. Your study tips really helped me as I have so little time. Putting aside even 45 minutes before sleeping was great. I actually enjoyed it and even want to keep up the habit. I couldn’t go outside for much of the study period as it was bitter cold, but the day before the exam it was warm and sunny and I sat in a park and reviewed my notes. Really great. That tip to learn outdoors helped a lot even in how I teach my children. Thanks so much! I’m so happy! I will pass on your name to other test takers for sure!”
Two-day LARE Prep workshop hosted by the Colegio de Arquitectos 7 Arquitectos Paisajistas de Puerto Rico, June 2017, three months before Hurricane Maria
Register For LARE Prep Section 4
Need help passing LARE Section 4? Register for the LARE Section 4 course and receive one year access to:
- LARE Section 4 training videos
- Links to live Q&A sessions
- Use of our growing lending library
- Unlimited access to Q&A session recordings that have already occurred
- Participation in private, members-only, moderated chat area
- Personal email and phone support (within reason)
Request A Workshop
Cheryl has led one and two-day LARE prep workshops in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, San Juan, and Seattle. Contact Cheryl if you prefer a workshop setting or would like to schedule one for your firm or organization.