Most similar to topics covered in school, this section covers the inventory and analysis stages of a project, including the physical and social environments they inhabit.
Passing LARE Section 2
© Cheryl Corson | Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, Fountain and terrace renovation by Beyer, Blider Belle
- What to study, itemized in great detail
- Where to find study materials in all media
- Keeping a positive attitude, pass rates, scoring
- Study habits, settings, memory tricks, schedule (new videos will be added to keep current)
Live Getting Ready Interactive Q&A Sessions are included in your registration.
- Site Selection, siting program elements, program development, adjacency considerations, spatial standards
- Circulation and safety for pedestrians, bikes, and cars, ADA
- Project types, drive-up windows, stacking lanes, residential complexes, recreation facilities
- Sustainability considerations, material selection, fire and crime deterrents, noise reduction
- Which graphics to use to express things, design phases and construction sequencing (new videos will be added to keep current)
Live Interactive Getting Set Q&A Sessions are included with your registration.
- Using the weeks and days right before the exam wisely
- How to effectively spend your time during the exam
- Dissecting multiple response questions so you know what they’re really asking
- Using the skip, flag, and review functions to your best advantage
- How to sort questions to maximize right and left brain function, and more
Live Interactive GO! Q&A Sessions are included with your registration (this topic combines Sections 1 & 2).
- Corson Learning website registration information to access the pre-recorded videos and private chat room
- Links on the member’s pages where you must separately register for the live interactive Q&A sessions
- Access to our growing lending library (you pay postage and handling only)
- One year unlimited access to Corson Learning videos and chat room
- Email support with Cheryl (within reason)
Questions? ask firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s a preview of some of the information that will be covered: Land8 Lounge article.
Note: A portion of Corson Learning proceeds are donated to LABASH, the annual student-led landscape architecture conference.
“With your help I passed Section 3 & 4 on my first try. I appreciate your pairing down of all the study material making my study sessions very efficient.”
“Cheryl, your compassion was huge for me, more than you can know. I kept telling myself, ‘if she failed it, and then passed it, so can I.’ So thank you.”
“Thank you, Cheryl you have made the licensing process more sane! You webinars are a great value to our profession!”
“I wanted to thank you for your assistance in passing the LARE. Your site was very helpful at directing the focus of my studying. The information you provided was more current and detailed than other study resources I was able to find. Your site saved me both time and money. It kept me from purchasing unnecessary books and prevented me from committing time to study unneeded books, chapters or topics. I will gladly recommend your services to any other friends or colleagues who take the exam in the future. Thank you again!”
Photo credit: © Cheryl Corson
Bethesda, Maryland, Renovated native plant and permeable paver office entry by Cheryl Corson Design, LLC
Register For LARE Prep Section 2
Need help passing LARE Section 2? Register for the LARE Section 2 course and receive one year access to:
- LARE Section 2 training videos
- Links to live Q&A sessions
- Use of our growing lending library
- Unlimited access to Q&A session recordings that have already occurred
- Participation in private, members-only, moderated chat area
- Personal email and phone support (within reason)
Request A Workshop
Cheryl has led one and two-day LARE prep workshops in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, San Juan, and Seattle. Contact Cheryl if you prefer a workshop setting or would like to schedule one for your firm or organization.